Research Institute CDE
Graduate School of Child Development and Education
The aim of the Research Institute of Child Development and Education (CDE) is to contribute to scientific and practical insights in the field of child development and education by conducting both fundamental and applied research.
The research institute studies different aspects of child and adolescent development in relation to their educational contexts. CDE research focuses on:
- Parenting (child and family functioning)
- Developmental psychopathology
- Juvenile delinquency
- Learning disabilities
- Learning and instruction in school settings
- Student learning and its social context
- Methods and statistics in CDE research.
Besides a focus on theory development in these fields, there is also a focus on studies concerning methodology and statistics in CDE research.
Professional support, guidance, treatment and innovative educational arrangements are important products of the CDE research.